Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Max Attacks

In the first 2 football games of his life, Max Mekanik, starting Tailback for the Bellevue Black Vampires PeeWee football team, has ammassed over 200 yards rushing, and 6 touchdowns on just 15 carries.

Most impressively is his focus and discipline during the game.  Off the field he's as ADD and tempremental as the next 5 year old boy.  But on the field he transforms into a machine.  He responds to every command with a sharp and resounding "Yes, Sir!".  He's the first to hustle to his position and line up.  He doesn't lose focus on the ball and some of his cutbacks are VERY mature for a 5 yr old.  I once gave him a quick tip about not looking behind him so much once he breaks into the open and just focus on his speed since looking back will slow him down.  Without missing a beat a said "It won't happen again.".  I credit his Tae-Kwon-Do training for this mental discipline.

I'm so proud of him.  His cousin Koll is a heck of a stud with close to 100 yards rushing only 2nd to Max and an absolute shut down corner with the best pursuit angles and containment discipline I've seen out of any 6 yr old.  He made a touchdown saving pull to stop the other team from scoring on the only play where they actually crossed midfield against our stingy defense.

I don't know why but I still get nervous before every one of his games.  Only football.  Baseball, Soccer, & Hoops games will barely get my heart rate above 50 but I still get butterflies before every one of Max's football games.


No comments: